Welcome to Ian's Blog at Buckingham Ford

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Hello,
 
I’m finding writing this quite hard as last week I was fortunate enough to visit the D-Day landing beaches, memorials, cemeteries and museums, a present from my family for my 50th birthday.
 
I felt very privileged to see all of this.  I already knew a fair bit about D-Day but nothing prepares you for some of the stories of that day in 1944, just how much was given up for us to lead the lives we live today.
 
Don’t worry I am not leading into any EU referendum debate.
 
The difficulty I am struggling with is that although Ford Motor Company have always been very supportive of the serving members of the armed forces, it has just been announced that special allowances available to existing personnel are now available to Ex-Service Personnel and Veterans.
 
I know we have veterans from conflicts since WW2 but with the experiences I had last week I can’t help thinking that it would have been nice to have done this for them as well.
 
On the brighter side if you know or are in fact yourself Ex-Military Personnel or a Veteran please spread the word that through us Ford has some very generous discounts available.
 
On a lighter note I was lucky enough to have a ride in one of Ford’s military vehicles from 1944 last week.  This was one of the facts I learnt as I didn’t know Ford produced the “Willys MB” more commonly known as a Jeep which was why I always presumed it was made by Jeep.
 
Have a great week.
 
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
  • Copyright Redding and Redding Ltd.
  • All rights reserved.
  • Company No. 03185866.